Friday, July 24, 2009

It's week 1 and I'm already behind

On my 9 patch quilt a long that is. At least last night I finally picked some fabric that will be in each 9 patch and around the edges. I wanted something to be the same for some consistency... we'll see how that turns out. Here's what I bought on etsy yesterday.


I think today I'll start cutting my 2 1/2" squares of my stash fabric for my 9 patches that I'll work on first when this fabric arrives at my doorstep! Today's the end of week 1 so I'm not too far behind but still! I'm sure it's easy to fall behind and I don't like starting behind already!

I had a friend over the other day that wanted to be inspired to use her sewing machine. She has a daughter just 4 weeks older than my youngest and so we made her a tag blanket. She loved it and it turned out nice.

I started on a 3rd quilt while on vacation at my brothers and I'll post some pics of that when I get a chance to work on it again... hopefully soon but I need to finish my 2nd quilt first! I finally found just the right background for this quilt top.
It's orange with a speckled pink dot on it. I looked for an image on line that I could share but couldn't find one. I'll post pics when I'm done. I think it's going to turn out nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment