Saturday, July 4, 2009

How it all began...

I started sewing back in May of this year. My ultimate goal is to make a quilt out of my two girls' baby clothes. Since this would be something that I'd want done well, I decided to practice and do a few other quilts first. I made this quilt for my friends Dave & Larenda who are having a baby the end of this month.



















I liked my fabric choices and it came together well other than the fact that the bottom stripes didn't end up even. I'm NOT a perfectionist at all but some things still bothered me about this one, specifically the binding. I tried a zig zag stitch which I thought looked okay until I looked at the back and it didn't line up AT ALL.



















Ugh! I was discouraged but really didn't want to do it all over again. I ended up giving them the quilt but gave them a "real" gift as well since I felt bad that the quilt didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped but honestly for my first, it's not too bad. My favorite part was the back. I liked how it looked.

Another item I wanted to learn to sew was tag blankets. They're super soft and cute and so incredibly easy! They can be expensive if purchased in a boutique or online. I was happy with how they turned out!

I made several in different colors and some without tags at all. I'll post more later today or tomorrow about my other projects that I've done so far and then a list of projects that I have in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment